.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Expressions of Liberty

A commentary on the governmental respect for natural human rights as expressed by the founders of the United States and how it effects us today. I also show how the Declaration of Independence and the United States Constitution and other related documents are not dead documents in America today, but merely ignored and misused.

Name:
Location: Champaign, Illinois, United States

I am a classical liberal which is considered a type of conservative in these modern days. I am pro-right to life, pro-right to liberty, pro-parental rights, pro-right to property and a number of other natural human rights.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Our Natural Rights Are Put At Risk By Leniency To Convicts

There was a study conducted that determined that our prisons are a breeding ground for radical Muslims and place terrorist use to recruit them. Lack of funding is the excuse for this but I have my doubts as a lot of funding is already in place. I know that gangs also recruit members in prisons so this is a longstanding and know problem that the government has not acted to resolve.

One possible problem is that too many rights are being extended to prisoners. There was a reason why when the Thirteenth Amendment was passed to forbid slavery or bonded servantry in the United States that an exception was made for criminals. That is so that they could be better monitored and controlled. These are individuals that have a proven tendency to violate the natural human rights of other human beings and who are most likely already hostile to the government which makes them ideal candidates for recruitment. The ACLU is a champion of given prisoners rights, among which seems to be the right to harm others, that the U.S. Constitution does not grant them as you can see by the Thirteenth Amendment.

My question is if the government can not control such extremist in such ideal setting then how can they protect us from them in the outside world where they can blend in with the average person or keep a neighborhood terrorized into silence and so operate in the open as gangs do.

My source about study on terrorist recruitment is our jails.

3 Comments:

Blogger highboy said...

Great question. If we can't trust them to protect us from our own criminals here, they are less than trustworthy in protecting us from foreign enemies.

11:36 AM  
Blogger highboy said...

I agree with my husband. Convicts are given more special treatment than those who haven't broken the law, and if that is the case here what kind of protection can I expect to get in foreign conflicts?

Nice to meet you by the way Kerwyn. Tim just introduced me to the blogosphere and helped me set up my own blog, so I'm making my rounds.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Kerwin said...

I am glad to meet you Stevina. I hope you enjoy the experience of the blogosphere. I find it both informative and interesting.

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home