.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Expressions of Liberty

A commentary on the governmental respect for natural human rights as expressed by the founders of the United States and how it effects us today. I also show how the Declaration of Independence and the United States Constitution and other related documents are not dead documents in America today, but merely ignored and misused.

Name:
Location: Champaign, Illinois, United States

I am a classical liberal which is considered a type of conservative in these modern days. I am pro-right to life, pro-right to liberty, pro-parental rights, pro-right to property and a number of other natural human rights.

Monday, August 07, 2006

Paris Hilton Champions Abstinence Only Education

Some moral values come out of Hollywood and it seems the main stream media does not think it is important enough to report. I obtained this article from Yahoo news who does not keep there articles on file very long. The reporter is Natalie Finn but the title which is “That's Not Hot: Paris Preaches Abstinence” is not accurate since you do not have to be sexually loose to be “Hot”.

Paris Hilton amazed most people when during a in an interview for the September issue of British GQ she came out and said “People think I sleep with everyone, but I'm not like that," Hilton told the magazine. "Kissing is all I do.”. She mitigated that by also saying "I'm not having sex for a year. I've decided...I'll kiss, but nothing else."

Her reasoning is she wants to know if men are after her for sex or if they are sincerely interested in her. She goes on to say that she only intends to get married once and that when she goes out on dates she wants to be treated like a princess.

I mention this because the values Ms. Hilton is speaking of are values known to be good for our society. They are the last values I expected to hear from anyone associated with Hollywood. We know that divorce is bad for our society, if only for the short and long term effects it has on children. There are adverse effects even in individuals that do not have children. Sex before marriage and adultery can have disaster consequences for our society. I suspicion that much of the drug use and crime can be traced to weak or no family bonds.

Source 1 is about divorce effects on children

Source 2 is about the effects of divorce on society

Source 3 is about the effects of cohabitation on society

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just hope she is truthful and serious. Not just doing it for the press.

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home